Samoa is the perfect escape for your honeymoon, anniversary and for many occasions that celebrate your love with your partner. While Samoa is very family-oriented and you can certainly bring the little ones along, here are some of my favourite resorts that are perfect for that one-on-one time with your sweetheart.
- Seabreeze Resort – travellers love this resort as it’s an adults-only resort and the ideal romantic getaway for couples seeking intimacy and privacy. Enjoy the resort’s exquisite and multi-award winning cuisine, complete personal service with that genuine Samoan hospitality. If you can, be sure to book the “Honeymoon Point House Suite” for an unforgettable experience: the villa is nestled into the cliffs right above the Ocean and boasts the best views of the resort, bay and coastline while maintaining its exclusivity and privacy.
- Sinalei Reef Resort & Spa – Secluded by lush palm jungle and fringing an azure turquoise lagoon, each eco-chic villas capture the essence of a true island paradise! The 4.5-star remote resort strives to spoil its guests with luxurious touches and personal experiences including 5-star dining, signature activities and personal event co-ordinators if you’re looking to plan a special event like a vow renewal ceremony.
- Return to Paradise Beach Resort & Spa – Named after the film of the same name (starring Gary Cooper and Roberta Haynes), which was filmed there in 1953, this resort is set on one of Samoa’s most famous beaches, alongside a 400 metre stretch of white sandy, secluded beach. The beach became an iconic symbol of Samoa since the movie and the location was deemed so valuable that traditional landowning families divided it amongst themselves ensuring that everyone had customary ownership over part of that beach.
- Aga Reef Resort Samoa – This resort is just a short 5 minute drive from the beautiful white sands of Lalomanu beach and a 12 minute drive from the world-renowned swimming spot, To Sua Trench. Nestled on the water’s edge, this is an incredible place to relax and enjoy a truly tropical, and secluded, escape. Here is where you can enjoy the resort’s natural pools and some great snorkeling with the regions colourful fish!
- Sheraton Samoa Aggie Grey’s Hotel – If you’re interested in staying with a much-loved name brand, this 5-star resort is designed with a Samoan look-and-feel, while in keeping with its North American identity. Named after Aggie Grey, one of the most well-known people from Samoa, her name became synonymous with hospitality in Samoa with the opening of the original hotel in 1933. The hotel is across from the harbour front and just steps away from commercial areas and several local attractions too.
Contact Downunder Travel today on how we can help you plan a seamless travel experience.
I am proud to be a specialist in South Pacific travel. I enjoy meeting the locals, visiting unique destinations and learning (and rediscovering) their cultures and way of life.
Written By: Lori (Destination Specialist)
Comments are closed.