Terms & Conditions
- Prices are subject to availability at time of making the booking. Pricing cannot be guaranteed until deposit and services are booked.
- All airfare is required to be paid in full. Payments for land arrangements /packages and fees, will attract a 2% discount for payments that are made with cash, cheque or e-transfer only. This does not include airfare, select coach tours, cruises, travel insurance or USD bookings. Please make cheques payable to: Downunder Travel Ltd.
- Airfares are only guaranteed at the time of full payment. Airlines have the ability to change airfares and taxes/security fees and fuel surcharges without notice to us. Even though your date of balance due allows you to pay at a later date, please be advised it is in your best interest if you opt to pay early and secure the fare levels as they are quoted at time of issuing this statement.
- A $500 per person deposit is required for land arrangements. You will be advised if a specific supplier requires a larger deposit such as cruises etc.
- The final balance of your package is typically due 60 days prior to departure. Some partners require final payment 90 days before departure.
Any costs associated with voluntary changes to a confirmed itinerary need to be assessed at time of the change request. Suppliers have change penalties that must be applied at time of making any changes. Downunder Travel has an additional Ticket Reissue Fee of C$75 per person for any changes that require an Airline Ticket re-issue.
It is always unfortunate when a cancellation occurs. The process for a cancellation is quite a complex one, and Downunder Travel will guide you through every step of the way making it as straight forward as possible. Airlines and suppliers such as hotels/resorts/tour operators/cruises all have individual cancellation penalties which need to be determined depending on the individual supplier products confirmed on your behalf by Downunder Travel. Further to these supplier cancellation penalties, Downunder Travel has a cancellation penalty of C$500 per person. This fee is usually refundable through your trip cancellation/interruption insurance if you are cancelling for any insurable reasons.
The following cancellation fees will apply on land arrangements based on time before departure that Downunder Travel Ltd receives actual notice of the cancellation:
- All deposits are non-refundable.
- Between 44-21 days – 60% of total price
- Between 20-7 days – 80% of total price
- 7 Days Prior to Day of Departure – 100% of total price
Land arrangements such as but not limited to Blue Lagoon Cruises of Fiji, Captain Cook Cruises of Fiji and Australia, Coral Expeditions of Australia; Coach Tours; Deluxe Lodges; Treks; Biking and Special Packages, Rail journeys, and any charters or private touring, the penalty will be assessed at time of cancellation and may be up to 100% of total price. Additional cancellation fees will apply for travel during special events and over the Christmas/New Year period. Once final payments are made to Downunder Travel, all earnings / commissions are realized. All realized earnings / commissions are considered non-refundable. Any exchange rate losses from time of payment to time of refund will be withheld.
Any exchange rate gains will be refunded to our clients. Downunder Travel Ltd. acts as an agent/broker between retail customers and tourism suppliers. Downunder Travel Ltd. is not responsible for the actions of suppliers in any way, nor responsible for the services being supplied to our customers. These tourism suppliers are all trusted businesses independent from Downunder Travel Ltd. and for which we have no control over their financial solvency and/or possible default.
Refunds and Unused Services:
Travel arrangements cancelled, amended or altered within 24 hours of your departure or once travel has commenced, do not qualify for any refund whatsoever, whether part of a package vacation or individual components, nor can components be substituted for alternative arrangements. Unused services are not refundable. Downunder Travel Ltd is not responsible for any losses or inconveniences that are a result of a 3rd Party Supplier (Airline, Tour Operator or Vehicle Rental Company’s) charges due to damage to their property nor bankruptcies.
DOWNUNDER TRAVEL LTD.