Award-winning Air New Zealand offers travellers so much more than just a vessel to your destination. With direct service from Canada to New Zealand, convenient connections to nine Australian cities, and even a non-stop option to the Cook Islands through Los Angeles, Air New Zealand is the premier carrier of choice for many when it comes to touring the South Pacific.
Here are some other reasons why I enjoy sending my clients Downunder with this internationally-acclaimed airline:
- Transit to Australia or beyond with the same airline – Canadians generally don’t travel all the way to the South Pacific to only visit one destination. You can start in the Cook Islands, go and explore Australia, and spend some time in New Zealand before heading home. Auckland is a great hub to connect through whether you’re enroute to Australia or island hopping in the Pacific. Enjoy a flat white coffee at the airport, do a little shopping, or indulge in the gourmet food and drink options at Air New Zealand’s Koru Lounge if you are a Star Alliance Gold traveller. Onwards travel through Auckland on the same airline also means you don’t need to clear customs or even collect your bags – a seamless transit experience, and super easy for multi-destination travel!
- Your vacation starts the moment you board – It’s not always where you land that enables you to immerse yourself in your new ‘home’. From the moment you step onboard the aircraft, Air New Zealand’s Kiwi hospitality will make you feel like your vacation has already begun. You’ll notice the approachable and friendly attitude of the team, as well as the accommodating and down-to-earth onboard service. It’s quite possibly the best airline service you’ll ever experience. From slimline seats to delicious cuisine, as well as hundreds of hours of in-flight entertainment from movies to TV shows and top 40 hits at the tap of a finger, this is how your getaway should truly kick off!
- How do you prefer to fly? – You’ll love the great seat selection options, especially Air New Zealand’s unique Skycouch™. This is a row of Economy seats that turns into a couch after takeoff, great for stretching out or making a play area for the little ones. No worries about sharing with a stranger; when you upgrade to Skycouch™, you get the entire row to yourself! Premium Economy offers a super comfortable and roomy armchair with generous armrests and a leg rest. If you like a good snooze followed by waking up in paradise, we recommend Business Premier with a soft leather seat that transforms into a luxurious lie-flat bed, with a memory foam mattress and two full-size pillows. Your vacation, your preferences!
- Did I mention this airline is award-winning? From winning the 2018 airlinerating.com airline of the year award (for the 5th year in a row!), to being voted Conde Nast Traveller’s best airline in the world, and the Trip Advisor Travellers’ Choice® 2017 Best Premium Economy Class in the World, Air New Zealand goes above and beyond to ensure you’ll be well looked after during your entire flight. Award-winning isn’t just in the aircraft and service, it’s in the onboard world-renowned and innovative cuisine using fresh, high-quality ingredients and paired with a selection of New Zealand’s most awarded, and much-loved, wines.
- Enjoy some of the best fares around – in addition to being a top-tier airline, Air New Zealand offers competitive rates to Australia. Exclusive sales are offered to Downunder Travel quite regularly; best to chat with one of us!
Australia is a ‘trip of a life time’ destination for Canadian travelers and involves much planning and organizational know-how. From how you get there to itinerary specifics, these are all important details when planning such a big trip.
Written By: Sawyer (Destination Specialist)