Hey mate,

As far as the journey went, everything went smoothly without any problems.

First flight from Calgary to San Fran went smoothly. When arriving in Darwin there wasn’t anyone I could see with more than one bag. My bag was checked in the whole way from Calgary to Darwin. They only gave me my boarding pass from Calgary to San Fran but not for the last 2 flights. Getting through security into Calgary airport was super slow, probably about an hour and a half, glad I was there with plenty of time to spare. I was able to use the communal business class lounge whilst waiting for the flight, it was nice.

Once I landed in San Fran I was informed to get my boarding passes for the remaining flights that I would have to see the Singapore staff at the check in counter. So had to leave the secure area and go out and wait until the counter opened 3 hours before departure. I can see why I had to see them. The check in procedure was intense, I had everything printed out (PCR test, Vaccination record etc) but it was in black and white. They wouldn’t accept my Australian arrival approval as they needed to see what colour it was, had to get it up on my phone. I highly recommend everyone has things printed out in hard copy for the journey, it makes it so much easier than rummaging through your phonr trying to find stuff. Once done I headed back into the airport and was able to use the United business class lounge.

The flight from San Fran to Singapore was amazing. Their service was impeccable and the lie flat bed was amazing. I couldn’t fault them in any way.  Changi airport was a ghost town, soo many shops were shuttered up. The hotel stay was great, a very well oiled machine. 3 meals provided with several options to choose from, you just call and shortly after they deliver them to your door. It was nice to get some sleep and to break up the journey.

The flight from Singapore to Darwin was awesome too. I weirdly wished it was longer. Once again service was exceptional.

Landing in Darwin we waited on the tarmac for about 30 minutes before they let us off in groups of 30. Once off getting through customs was really quick probably 15 minutes in total. I feel the people in the back rows of the plane were probably sitting on the plane for quite some time but I was in the first group let off. Everyone I interacted with were extremely nice and welcoming.

Entry into Howard Springs was the same, everyone was extremely nice. They had a great system of checking people in and getting you to your room quickly. The heat was the biggest shock to the system, hadn’t felt that in quite some time. Had a deck we could go out onto to get fresh air and sunshine. Food was pretty good and could get deliveries from Coles, K mart and pharmacies. Was extremely happy to get out and now back in Adelaide.

Thank you soo much for all your hard work. With the flight cancellations and all the things changing you were always there to sort out any issues and answer any questions. Without you I don’t know what I would have done, I would have been a nervous wreck. I can’t thank you enough for getting me home and everyone else you have helped.

Cheers mate you are a legend!