Covid-19 Update – April 2021
To our valued travellers:
We have all been affected by this unprecedented event and no one thought a year ago that we would still be in various stages of lockdowns and restrictions. Jobs and lives were taken as a result of the pandemic and we send our thoughts to anyone who has had to work with loss caused by the pandemic. The travel industry understandably has been one of the hardest-hit industries as travel came to a complete stop, yet we remain hopeful that the ongoing rollout of the vaccine will support the re-opening of borders more freely within the next 4-8 months.
Like many businesses, we have been nimble in adjusting to include different products, some new markets and revised procedures. Here are some changes we have implemented:
- We have now developed vacations to Central America. These destinations are much-loved by Canadians for being warm, safe, affordable, close to home and accessible by direct flights from Canada. In particular we have developed product for Costa Rica, Belize and Panama.
- Book with confidence: our land operator partners have worked with us on implementing no cancellation penalties, relaxed refund/postponement policies, reduced vacation deposit amounts and final vacation deposit dates up until 30 days prior to departure (Note: As each tourism partner is a little different, we will explain your vacation Terms & Conditions at time of booking ensuring you have all the information you need to make a secure purchase decision).
- We’ve expanded our market reach to now include Australian and New Zealand citizens. As we have been specializing in the South Pacific for nearly two decades, it is an honour to offer our same high-quality travel services to residents within Australasia.
- We can schedule virtual “face-to-face” appointments with all travellers to discuss your unique travel needs and plan an itinerary perfect for you. All vacation documents will be sent electronically. For those who wish to pick up their documents at the office, our staff will wear masks, documents will be printed 2-3 days prior to your selected pick-up date and sealed in an envelope at the front of the office for contactless pickup. Many hoteliers, tour operators and airlines have enforced higher sanitation procedures as well so when you book your next vacation, chat with us about how our tourism partners can best make your travels safer and more comfortable.
- Some countries are NOW OPEN. Contact us to schedule a virtual appointment to put together an itinerary for you and answer any questions you might have about health and safety precautions in the destination you are visiting.
- Travellers flying into Canada as of 28 April 2021 are still required to submit mandatory travel info via the ArriveCan app.
- Travellers flying into Canada as of 22 February 2021 are required to pre-book 3 nights in an airport hotel to start their isolation, and to have a PCR test within 72 hours of their incoming flight to Canada.
It is important to note that some of the countries in which we specialize in have either opened their borders or will be accepting international travellers very soon. Our Destination Specialists are here and ready to assist with any of your travel needs and we are already booking well into 2022. Fill out a contact form, or build an itinerary and have us send you a quote for now so when borders open safely, we can implement your plans right away. It does not cost anything to plan.
Take care folks,