Many global governments are easing travel restrictions internationally for non-essential purposes; numerous destinations we specialize in are starting to alleviate their border restrictions to welcome international travellers back. However, keep in mind that rules and regulations will vary from country to country, and conditions are subject to change at any time. So we encourage you to speak to your Downunder Travel agent for the most up-to-date entry requirements upon booking the destination of your choice.
But with that in mind, here are the latest COVID-19 restriction requirements for Down Under Travel’s vacation destinations.
Updated Downunder Travel Destinations
As of 13 September 2022, Canadian and U.S. travellers can enter New Zealand without proof of vaccination. However, be sure to check in with your airline, as they may require you to provide such identification.
Are you planning a trip to the Land Down Under? As of 09 September 2022, proof of COVID vaccination is no longer required to enter Australia. Moreover, mandatory mask-wearing on international flights has also been lifted.
On 05 June 2021, fully vaccinated travellers were permitted to enter the Islands of Tahiti and French Polynesia upon the country’s reopening. And as of 05 August 2022, unvaccinated travellers can now travel freely between French Polynesia and mainland France without having to perform any tests or provide proof of vaccination.
Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination (two doses) for persons 16 years and above is still required to enter Fiji. Fiji accepts the following WHO-approved vaccines: Astra-Zeneca, Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson and Sinopharm/Sinovax. Persons unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine may apply for exemption by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, mask-wearing and social distancing are both optional but strongly advised.
Finally, upon landing, vacationers must download the mandatory contact-tracing app, CareFIJI, on their smartphones. Always speak to our Destination Specialists for the most current Fiji travel information, as these change regularly.
- Costa Rica is open. And as of 03 October 2022, proof of COVID-19 vaccination is no longer required to enter Costa Rica. Nor is it necessary to show a negative PCR test upon entry.
- Belize is open, and as of 12 July 2022, travellers entering Belize are no longer required to show a negative COVID-19 test or proof of vaccination.
- Panama is open and doesn’t require visitors to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. However (as with the rest of the countries on this list), restrictions are subject to change.
Out of our Africa vacations, here are the countries that have begun accepting international visitors:
- Kenya began welcoming international visitors on 01 August 2020! Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is not mandatory.
- Rwanda began welcoming international visitors on 01 August 2020! No quarantine, COVID tests, or proof of vaccination is required.
- South Africa began welcoming international visitors on 13 November 2020! As a result, vaccination against COVID-19 is no longer required to enter South Africa.
- Zimbabwe began welcoming international visitors on 08 November 2020! However, travellers to Zimbabwe must still provide proof of full vaccination (at least two doses of a World Health Organisation COVID-19-approved vaccine) or proof of a negative PCR test taken within 48 hours of flight departure.
- Tanzania began welcoming international visitors on 04 May 2021! A COVID-19 vaccination is not required to enter Tanzania.
The Cook Islands
The Cook Islands are now open to international travellers; as of 06 September 2022, all vaccination and COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted. However, mask-wearing, social distancing, and remaining up-to-date on your vaccinations are recommended.
Note: the above information is subject to change anytime as the covid situation and vaccine rollout remains very fluid.
We hope everyone is keeping well and safe. Whether you want Africa, Asia, or Australia tour packages, we look forward to helping you plan epic travels once again – you can still contact us for 2022 pricing or to have one of our Destination Experts put together a vacation itinerary for you.
Next Step: Take Advantage of Our Amazing Vacation Deals
At Downunder Travel, we help Canadian travellers experience their bucket list of dream destinations. And with over a decade of experience, a fully customizable itinerary, and more, our team of Destination Specialists is here to assist you with bringing your dream vacation to life! So speak with one of our specialists today to book the trip of a lifetime.