The Indian-Pacific Rail
Evening turn-down service, Indian-Pacific Rail
Dining Room, Indian-Pacific Rail
Adelaide, South Australia
------------------- Iconic Rail -------------------
12 Day Adventure
Explore Adelaide, Sydney, Melbourne & More
12 Day Iconic Rail - Explore Adelaide, Sydney, Melbourne & More
This vacation includes an iconic Australian rail journey, The Indian-Pacific rail! A journey aboard the iconic Indian Pacific will whisk you between Adelaide and Sydney in comfort and style. Step onboard for an all-inclusive rail holiday you’ll never forget.
Relax with everything taken care of on board your train journey including fine dining, premium wines and world-class hospitality, as you’re transported from buzzing cities to diverse landscapes and natural marvels.
Valid for travel: 01 Feb 2020 – 31 Mar 2020. Subject to availability.
MUST BOOK BY: 30 Nov 2019
- Subject to availability.
- Accommodations in Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide have a 3.5-star rating. Upgrades are available. Accommodation on the Indian-Pacific is the Gold Twin category.
- Package Inclusions:
- 3 nights in Adelaide, 3 nights in Sydney, 4 nights in Melbourne, 1 night aboard the Great Southern Rail, Gold Twin category (train is inclusive of meals, fine wines, and beverages), half-day tour of Adelaide Hills & Hahndorf, the mandatory Australian Travel Visa, transfers, and all taxes & fees.
- VALID FOR TRAVEL: 01 Feb 2020 - 31 Mar 2020. MUST BOOK BY: 30 Nov 2019
- Note: this itinerary can be entirely customized
Included in your trip
Excluded in your trip
Where will you visit?
World Heritage listed site
Sydney Central Station
Arrive in Adelaide, Depart Melbourne
12 Day Adventure
G'day and welcome to Adelaide! Stay in Adelaide for 3 nights.
- Enjoy your time in Adelaide!
- On day 3, you have a scheduled half-day Adelaide Hills & Hahndorf tour! Take in the spectacular views of the city and the coastline - a perfect photo opportunity. Wind your way through the Adelaide Hills villages of Crafers, Stirling, Aldgate and Bridgewater before arriving at Beerenberg Farm Shop, where there is time to taste and purchase from their full range of products. Then it's on to Hahndorf, Australia's oldest German Settlement.
- Spend the afternoon exploring the main street of Hahndorf where you can sample local produce, check out the local arts and crafts before enjoying afternoon tea or a traditional German beer tasting at the very popular Hahndorf Inn with expert commentary by local Driver/Guide.
- Head to the terminal to board the Indian-Pacific Train.
- A mid-morning departure from the Adelaide Parklands Terminal platform and you soon find yourself gazing at the remarkable rock formations of the Flinders Ranges.
- The rocky scenery gives way to outback scrub as you make your way to Broken Hill in the early evening. With its harsh arid landscape – often featured in cinema for its unforgiving, lunar-like appearance – Broken Hill offers a range of fascinating Off Train Excursions that highlight and celebrate how industrious locals have adapted to their incredible outback home.
- Overnight on the Indian-Pacific Rail to Sydney
- Awake to the splendour of the Blue Mountains. Disembark the train and marvel at the expansive views and natural surrounds. Take a walk through the eucalypt forests or take the cable car for a bird’s-eye view of this World Heritage listed landscape before completing your journey on our dedicated NSW rail service (hosted by our staff) into Sydney Central Station.
- Upon disembarkation, head to your Sydney Hotel where you will stay for 3 nights.
Enjoy your time in Sydney. Why not take a tour?
You will be picked up and transferred to the airport for your flight to Melbourne. Note: internal flights are NOT included with this package.
Upon arriving in Melbourne, you will be transferred to your Melbourne Hotel where you will stay for 4 nights.
Enjoy your time in Melbourne. Why not take a tour?
You will be picked up and transferred to the airport for your flight home. Why not stay longer?
Note: international and internal air is NOT included in this package.
about Indian-Pacific Rail
Loading Terms & Condtions...
Experience The Difference With Downunder Travel
This vacation includes an iconic Australian rail journey, The Indian-Pacific rail! A journey aboard the...
Your journey will take you throguh some of Botawana’s and Zimbabwe’s spectacular game reserves. Starting...
33-Day Australia Circumnavigation Immerse yourself in the Land Down Under on this Australia circumnavigation. Snorkel...
15-Day Far East Discovery Holiday Uncover new favorite destinations, from Hong Kong to Singapore. Enjoy...
20% off deal EXTENDED! You’ll love Blue Lagoon Cruises’ seamless & luxurious sailing through the...
From the cosmopolitan city of Melbourne to the iconic city of Sydney and onto the...
Enjoy a luxurious private island escape at a 4.5-star resort! With comfortable accommodation, a personalized...
From the cosmopolitan city of Melbourne to the iconic city of Sydney and the capital...
Adelaide is a lively city like no other and it’s the gateway to many vineyards...
Say “I Do” barefoot on the beach at the ever-sunning Seabreeze Resort, Samoa, to the...
Enjoy a Glorious 14-day South Africa experience where you’ll see and savour the immense richness...
There’s an incredibly wide variety of fresh produce from Australia’s numerous unspoilt landscapes. From Sydney’s...
Visit three countries for the price of ONE: Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands!...
This is an incredible 15-day South African small-group guided tour – offering breathtaking sceneries, wildlife,...